Mullets, murder, make-outs, what more could we ask for?
The first trailer for Love Lies Bleeding, a new romantic thriller from A24 and Film4, stars Kristen Stewart as a mysterious gym manager who falls for a sexy bisexual bodybuilder. Do I have your attention now?
Directed by Rose Glass and from a screenplay she co-wrote with Weronika Tofilska, the film promises love, MUSCLES, sex, and a lot of death. The trailer starts with Stewart’s character, Lou, meeting Jackie (played by Katy O’Brian). The two spark a heated romance. But first, audiences will meet Lou’s father (played by a creepy-looking Ed Harris), who may or may not be being watched by the FBI.
The trailer then takes a turn as the alluded-to intimate scenes between Lou and Jackie are replaced with bloody messes. That’s right, we are disposing of bodies, people. None of this is a surprise once we learn of Harris’ love for guns and mischief. But who are we killing? Will Jackie and Lou stay together? Is that Dave Franco?
The trailer ends on a cliffhanger with Lou and Jackie riding off into the desert with a bloody, maybe dead body in the back of their truck. The film’s got us scratching our heads with more questions than answers, and we’re super eager for it to finally drop!
Watch the trailer below.
Love Lies Bleeding will premiere at the Sundance Film Festival next year.
- Breaking Barriers: The Surprising Homosexual Behavior of Humpback Whales
- Reneé Rapp Reveals Which ‘Sex Lives’ Co-Star She Wrote a Song About
- Paul Mescal and Josh O’Connor are Starring in a New Queer Drama and People Don’t Know How to Feel
- Zoe Lister-Jones Comes Out as Queer at Film Awards
- RuPaul’s Battle with Addiction: The Untold Story in ‘The House of Hidden Meanings’