Did you know that going gaga over a bubble butt is scientific? Apparently, round booties send signals to our brain that tell us we need to breed. A big ass means that person will be able to carry your babies. Well, since we’re guys and don’t need to worry about impregnating anyone, it just makes us flat-out horny.
Bubble butts are worshipped, but for those of us born with a pancake booty, it seems like plumping it up is impossible. But don’t worry — we have your back. Do you want a big bubble butt for summer? You have to do the work. Here are a few workouts to get you started:
1. Kettlebell Swings
The Kettlebell is one of the greatest exercise tools available, and then can help you to sculpt and shape your buns. If you don’t have Kettlebells, you can substitute them for household items like a milk jug or a weighted bag/purse.
- Start with your feet hip-width apart and legs straight.
- Hold the kettlebell directly in front of you, arms as straight as possible, parallel to the floor.
- Swing the bell downward towards the floor and in between your legs. While you’re doing this, bend your knees and stick your butt out.
- Bring it back to its original position (legs straight, bell in front).
- Repeat this three times for 30 – 40-second intervals.
2. Yoga Back Kick
This is one of the easiest and effective ways of getting the butt of your dreams, and all you need is a floor and a happy attitude.
- First get on all fours like a typical yoga position.
- Kick your right/left leg straight out from behind you, bringing it to a 45-degree angle to the floor.
- Repeat this three or four times for 60 seconds on each leg.
- Once you get the hang of it, up the time to 90 seconds. After that, increase the time again.
3. Hydrant Pose
A lot of guys feel awkward doing this at the gym, mainly because it’s not very attractive and you look like a dog peeing on a hydrant (which is how it got its name). The Hydrant Pose targets your glutes and hips, to give your buns that nice “side” shape.
- Start on all fours, keep your right/left knee bent and almost touching your chest.
- Lift it to the side until it’s on the same level as your hips and parallel to the floor.
- Hold it in that position for 60 seconds.
- Repeat this twice on both legs.
- On the third rep, instead of holding the position, do lifts from the center to the side.
- Feel the burn and repeat the exercise.
4. Butt Squeezes
When you don’t have time for the gym, and you need a good routine, try giving yourself a squeeze session. Each session requires total dedication to the squeeze/release technique. Once you get the hang of it, you won’t even realize you’re doing it.
- First, stand up (or sit) and squeeze your butt cheeks — not in a thrusting squeeze, but in a flexing-type of a squeeze.
- Hold for ten seconds, or as long as you can, then release.
- Do this for an hour and you will feel the burn the following day.
5. One-leg Pelvic Lifts
Though it seems natural, it’s not as comfortable as it looks. Pelvic lifts have an excellent track record at not only shaping your ass but lifting it as well.
- Start on the ground facing the ceiling with your knees bent, feet flat and arms at your sides (hands flat).
- Lift your left/right leg pointing towards the ceiling.
- Slowly lift the pelvis up towards the ceiling until your back is straight and not arched. Clench your butt the entire time.
- Hold for 10 seconds, and slowly lower back to the ground.
- Repeat with your other leg. Do this four – five times.
6. Stair Machine
Stairs have many benefits for shaping your body, especially the ass. Try thinking of new creative ways of using the stair machine; you’ll always see fast results.
My favorite is to put the machine on a slow pace. This allows you to take wider steps so you can stretch your legs and feel the tension in your butt and gluts. When you pull yourself up from a step, alternate leg lifts.
- Put the machine on a slow pace.
- Step up with your right leg while shooting your left leg out towards the wall behind you.
- Repeat on the next step with your left leg, shooting your right leg behind you.
- Do this for about ten minutes.
7. Classic Lunges
Men have been doing this exercise for years to give them an excellent shape for their butts. Not only does it help with your ass, but it also helps you sculpt your lower back to give you the nice V-shape we need to accentuate our butts.
- Start in a standing position.
- Step forward with your right/left leg while bending your knees and lowering your back leg’s knee to the floor.
- Keep your torso area as straight as possible, abs tight, your front heel on the ground and the knee just above the foot.
- Push back up to a standing position.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- To up the intensity, hold a dumbbell and walk while you’re lunging. Pick an area in your gym where no one is at and use this as your walking lane.